Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The good thing about having a bad run is.....

There's always another run right around the corner.

That pretty much summarized my run today with Theresa. I was supposed to do a nice easy 15K run but the weather and road conditions dictated otherwise. Still, I managed to trudge along for 11K with 8 of these being with Theresa. We both would have preferred to be anywhere else but where we were but both of us also knew that somehow, someway we would be going out for some kind of run. What made today tough wasn't just that it was cold but there were times when we had nothing to run on but snow. Most of the sidewalks were yet to be plowed and this meant that we had to run on the sidewalks which were snow covered and pretty deep or on the road. We tried a little bit of both today but by the end we just wanted to be done with it.

To make matters worse, I had limited time and because of the weather, my pace was much slower than I wanted. Then my MP3 player didn't work as it most likely froze because of the weather. After completing the 11K I couldn't get to my car fast enough.

Tomorrow will be yet another tough run as the weather is supposed to dip to -30!

No comments: