Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My favorite run of the week

My Wednesday runs are far and away my favorite runs of the week.
There are many reasons why but the main one is that I get to get caught up on all the running news with one of my friends. What made today even better was that another of my friends came along too. It has seemed like forever since the three of us ran together and what makes our friendship so great is that even though it's been awhile since we got together it felt like we just picked up where we left off. To me that's what separates great friends from casual ones. One of our other friends is nursing an injury right now and hopefully she will return when she is healthy.
These two women have taught me plenty about running and know me very well. Running with them gives me the confidence to know that I can accomplish anything I set my mind to. They are such a positive influence in my life and I'm lucky to count them as friends.

Today we talked about everything from eating, our favorite races from last year and what races we want to run together. Just the thought about the races we want to run together really made my day. The race day experience for me has more to do with being surrounded by great people and sharing our individual accomplishments afterwards than just the race itself. I may have had a bad race or two BUT I can honestly say that I've never had a bad day at a race.

I will take tomorrow off and ride the bike instead. Then on Friday I will do a light 5-6K in preparation for my race on Sunday.
Thanks Nancy and Theresa!

No comments: