Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Tuesday tempo report

Today was the start of my training week and the extra days of rest from the weekend appeared to pay dividends. I did my 10K tempo in a little over 48 minutes (4:52 K/pace) and felt amazing afterwards. These tempo runs will no doubt help prepare me for my next race, the Peterborough 1/2 marathon, but hopefully the weather will be a little warmer then it was today. However, the temperature at last years' Peterborough 1/2 was -30 with the wind chill factored in. The wind today was especially tough but thankfully Ken and I did a slightly different route than our normal one and we had the wind at our back on the way home.
In the afternoon I did about 20 minutes of core training.
Tomorrow will be a run of between 12 and 15K at a comfortable pace.

No comments: