Friday, April 21, 2006

Training update April 20-21/06

The weather was fantastic on Thursday the 20th and I ran 12K at about 7:30 AM. I pushed it a little harder and did some interval speed work. My average pace was a 5:10K.
Today I decided to hit the trails and did a combination of running and walking at the Seaton Trail for approximately 16K. For those of you who know this trail you understand just how technical (re:HARD) the terrain is. I'm always more sore after doing a trail run than a road race/run. Thankfully I'm taking tomorrow off and will do a long slow run on Sunday morning or afternoon.
I've been eating plenty of carbohydrates today to replenish my Glycogen levels in preparation for my long run on Sunday.
The average calories burned for my 12K runs are 1100.
I've run a total of 52K with another 30 planned for Sunday. Let's hope the weather co-operates.
I would not be able to withstand this amount of running without a sound nutritional plan. If you are interested in improving your health and/or are involved in a sports related activity and require some nutrition counseling contact me and let's get started.
Greg
gregdcruz@rogers.com

No comments: