Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Training Update April 17-19

This has been a very productive week and it helps that the weather has co-operated nicely. I'm seeing runners and cyclists everywhere which makes me realize that I'm not alone in my passion for improving my physical health.
I ran for 12 K on both Tuesday and Wednesday and burned just over 1000 kcal's. Those winter runs are starting to pay dividends now as my speed seems to be increasing now that I don't have to wear all those "layers."
I've found a new "favorite" protein bar from the makers of Trioplex which contains 300 kcals and has a good ratio of protein, fat and carbohydrates. I've been using these for lunches and also having more protein shakes than normal. I find that when the weather turns nice it becomes harder to eat so these bars/shakes can help to keep those calories up.
Tomorrow I'm going to run another 12K and then rest up for hopefully a long run on Saturday or Sunday.
There is a 10K run in London to support Eating Disorders which I’m thinking about doing at the end of April. I wasn’t going to do any 10K races but this one is for a good cause so I’ll probably do it.

No comments: