Friday, June 05, 2009

Over the hills and far away



15 minutes. That was roughly the time it took me to run 4 hill repeats of approximately 300 M at about a 4.4 minute KM/pace. This also included the time it took me to gradually bring my heart rate down to where I didn't I was going to throw up (LOL). I ran to my favourite hill on Westney and Rossland which was just over 2 miles away and then began the hill repeats. I would run to the top of Rossland and Harwood, cross to the other side, catch my breath and then slowly run down the hill and start over again.

I am really glad that the training only called for 4 hill repeats today and I decided to stick with the plan instead of going ahead and doing another 2 more. This type of training uses so much oxygen and it’s forcing my body to respond by going beyond my normal limits. This will all pay off in September when I do my marathon.

No comments: