Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Enjoying the shorter runs? Who ME?





I always told myself that I wouldn’t get out of bed, especially at 4 AM, to run for anything longer than 10 miles (16 K). Anything less and I found it difficult to talk myself into getting up. After all, I was always training for distance races so I firmly believed that running more mileage was the trick to prepare myself for running 50K or longer. There were weeks where I wasn’t happy unless I was running a minimum of 50 to 60 Miles per week (80K to 100 K).

Fast forward to today, and I was more than happy to just run 4.5 miles. I actually looked forward to running a shorter distance as that allowed me to do some core work and a little bit of weights afterwards.

I kept the running pace at a mid effort level pushing myself just a little bit towards the end. After yesterdays’ tough run, it was a nice change of pace. Tomorrow I will be running between 4-5 hill repeats along the Rossland Hill which is approximately ½ a kilometre. I will run to the hill which is about 2 miles away, do the hill repeats and then run home.

No comments: