Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Preparing for a great upcoming weekend!

This weekend I will compete in my last OUS race of the season and by the end of the day I hope I will walk/limp away with a 3rd place finish in my age category (40 and under).
However, I am equally as excited about Sunday as a few of my closest friends will be running in the Toronto Marathon where they will attempt to qualify for the Boston Marathon.
At least once and more often twice per week, I have ran in the early mornings with these incredible people. They have been a source of inspiration as well as being the best friends anyone could ask for. I have been so fortunate to be surrounded by some truly remarkable people (Nancy, Theresa, Miriam and Jane) and I am so proud to call them my friends.

This weekend I will be doing something that I have never done before and that is to watch/cheer on the competitors during a race instead of running myself. Miriam, who is unable to run because of an injury, and I will be driving to Toronto to cheer on the remaining 3 runners and I can't wait to see them cross the finish line. They have worked so hard these past few months and it has been inspiring to see the improvement they have made.
I've mentioned this previously, but runners are a different breed of people and though running itself is an individual sport, the social aspect of running is a tonic that truly is addictive. I look forward to celebrating with them on Sunday as much as I will be celebrating my own accomplishments on Saturday.
Go gettem Girls!!!!!

No comments: