Sunday, October 15, 2006

BOSTON BOUND!!!

Today was an amazing day for several close friends of mine. Nancy, Theresa and Jayne all ran in the Toronto Marathon. Miriam, who has already qualified for Boston, and I were cheering all of the runners on and we were able to help transfer some fuel belts to Nancy and Jayne at the 30K mark.

Theresa, who also has already qualified, was leading the pack and doing an amazing job as she finished in 3:30 which was a personal best for her.
Jayne was next as she finished in 3:47 and Nancy came in soon afterwards at 3:49. All these amazing runners needed a 3:50 or better to qualify for the Boston Marathon, and they all made it with plenty to spare!

These women have been training hard for the last few months with their goal being today and finishing the race in 3:50 or better. I was able to run with them on many occasions and I could see how dedicated they were. Running a Marathon race is hard enough but having to run it in a certain time can play havoc with you. Each training run brought them closer and closer to their goal and today was the day they had to put it all on the line.

It was great being a spectator today and seeing all the runners. It made me feel proud to call myself a runner and I felt lucky to be surrounded by such an amazing group of friends.

Watching each runner cross the finish line and seeing their huge smiles was an emotional day and I was happy to be a part of it.

Congratulations to Miriam, Theresa, Jayne, Nancy you are all BOSTON BOUND and I couldn't have been more happy!!
Greg

No comments: