Friday, August 08, 2008

Finally!

After 5 long agonizing weeks without a race I have tomorrow to look forward to. I'll be running a 6 hour race in Mansfield, Ontario. The good thing about timed races is that it doesn't matter how far you go, we all have to run the same amount of time. What that means is that pacing will be more important than ever. My legs have been rather heavy all week so I have no idea how I'll perform tomorrow. I'm hoping that the excitement of race day and seeing all my friends will give me the added boost I'll need.

I've been running stress free for the past two weeks and that has allowed me to focus my attention on other areas of my life. While I will always love running, it's nice to know that I can spread myself around to other areas equally as important.

Running stress free has allowed me to enjoy my runs much more and at the same time it has allowed me to focus on my technique a little more. Even though I have not made public my goals for this race, I do have a good idea of what I'm capable of and I'm hoping that that will pay off tomorrow. Expect a full report by Sunday!

No comments: