Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Finally, it's race week again

It seems like such a long time since I've had a race (5 weeks) but this weekend I'll finally have a chance to shake off the rust as I run a 6 hour timed race on Saturday.
The course is a 10K loop in the trails near Mansfield, Ontario. From what I have heard, it is a challenging course. I have a certain goal for myself but for that to happen, I have to have as close to a perfect race day as possible.

My legs have been extremely "heavy" lately, despite that my weight has started to drop. I plan to do more resting than running this week as I want to be at my best for that race. Knowing how difficult that is for me, I will have to keep myself distracted as much as possible.

I really felt the trail run this morning and if I don't get more rest this week I will be in for a rude awakening on Saturday.

I've cleaned up my diet considerably over the past two weeks and have eliminated gluten from my diet completely. I have noticed a big difference with regards to how I'm feeling after a meal. I have incorporated more brown rice and brown rice pasta into my food choices. In addition to eliminating gluten, I have also decreased my intake of dairy. I have been using both almond and brown rice milk exclusively and have also been pleasantly surprised at both the taste and how I'm feeling.

No comments: