Friday, January 19, 2007

Week 2 re-cap!

The feedback I've gotten from those who read my site is that they like the updates I've been doing so I will continue to do so. I'm also going to start recording my ending weight and a recap of my eating for the past week. I want to run my races at 150 or lighter so this will help me keep on track and hopefully give you some insight into my own eating.

Last week's weight: 160
This week's Weight: 155

Eating Recap: This week I tried to decrease my carbs a little bit at dinner but I noticed that when I came home from the gym ( sometimes 9PM) my cravings for carbs increased. Because I run so early in the morning (6AM) I decided to eat some rice cakes and a few yogurts before going to bed. Before my run I always have 1/2 banana and a cup of tea. My post run meal is always a protein shake with 1/2 banana and about 1 cup of blueberries.
I snack on yogurt, fruit, cheese strings, carrots, zone perfect protein bars or cliff bars and cottage cheese.
My lunch is almost always the same. 1/2 carton of egg whites, some feta cheese and sometimes some turkey. I form this into an omelet and I serve it with 1/3 cup of oats with cinnamon, splenda and 1 tbsp. of natural peanut butter.
I would give my eating a score of 7 out of 10 this week (YES, NOBODY, including me is perfect (LOL)

Monday I rode the stationary bike for 90 minutes and did some core training.

Tuesday was supposed to be a tempo run but the sidewalks were frozen and snow covered which made this close to impossible. Still I managed a decent run with Coach Ken!

Wednesday was a nice slow 12K run with Theresa and Jane with a pace of about 5:40K.

Thursday was my hill training day and I did 6 hill repeats with a 3K warm up and cool down. I kept the hill repeats under 5K which was what I was hoping for. The hill training is becoming harder as I was very sore on the way home.

Friday was my 20K long slow run which I just finished. I kept it nice and slow which was relatively easy to do given the fact that my quads were still sore from the day before. I had a nice salt bath when I came back which helped.

Saturday will be a day off (whew) but I'll probably ride the stationary bike for about an hour.

Sunday: I'll aim for about a 10K slow run.

I'm really starting to enjoy this program because each day is a completely different "animal" and I'm learning to run smarter as a result.
Greg

No comments: