Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Happy Holidays (and eating) to all of you!

This will be my last post until I return from holidays on the 28th. When I first started my website I felt like an overnight DJ asking the eternal question "Is anybody actually listening to me?" In my case it's more like "Is anybody actually reading what I write?"

I have been reminded by some truly amazing people that they do indeed read my posts and a few have actually asked me why I don't post more. This has been truly a humbling experience and I want to take this opportunity to thank you all. Rest assured I will resume my posts in the New Year and even have a few surprises I'm working on as well.

This week I ran on Tuesday, 9K and Wednesday 7K (thanks Ken and Theresa). Thanks to you both, Nancy, Miriam, Susie, Jane and others, I have learned so much about both myself and running and I'm ready to tackle the Marathon this weekend. I am so fortunate to be surrounded by such a great group of friends and they mean the world to me. I will be thinking about you all during the Marathon when I need a boost of inspiration. I'm sure I will call upon Theresa's' inspirational words, Nancy's grit and determination, Miriam's' strength and emotion and Ken's bio mechanical advice, during different points of the race. I hope I can make you all proud.

I will NOT run (I have to keep saying this to myself) until Sunday now which is the longest I've ever gone without running. I'm already starting to feel the need to run but realize finally how important this week of rest will be come Sunday.

One final note about Christmas. We all want to enjoy the holidays and this usually includes food and drink. However, you don 't have to destroy all the hard work you have done just for the sake of a few parties. Try to eat in moderation, drink water frequently and remember to exercise. Food doesn't have to be the center of the festivities. Remember that you are with family and friends and that should be the main focus. Keep your short and long-term goals in focus during the holidays and you will be amazed at your results. Be a LEADER and not a follower.

Have a very Merry Holiday Season and thank you for all your support this year!
Greg

1 comment:

Billy Milton said...

Hi Greg,

Thanks for an interesting blog. I totally agree with not spoiling a load of training because of a few days of overeating and drinking. A bit of discipline doesn't mean that life has to be boring. Take a look at my blog if you like http://marathontrainingandnutrition.blogspot.com/