Friday, December 14, 2007

Anticipation.......

It seems like such a long time since I was able to do a long run of at least 12-14 miles and come hell or high water I'm going to get in at least one and possible two before the weekend is over.

My plan is to do a long trail run on Saturday of approximately 2 hours and then follow that up with at least 1.5 hour run on Sunday. I'll also be running with my kids at the snowflake run at the Ajax waterfront (Rotary Park) on Sunday. I'll probably get there extra early, run on my own for 6-8 miles and then do the fun run with the kids. They're probably not as excited as I am but I'm hoping that changes when they see all the people there on Sunday.

I took today off from running so I'll be ready to go early Saturday morning at the Rouge Valley. The key to my training for my 50 Mile race is to make sure that my body is ready to run for long periods of time. This is why the runs this weekend are so important. I've been averaging just over 40 miles per week and want to slowly increase that by about 3-5 miles each week. I'm hoping that the weather co-operates with my play.

No comments: