Sunday, September 16, 2007

Memories of Terry Fox

In 1980, when Terry Fox was doing his Marathon of Hope run for Cancer, I was 13 years old. He actually ran through the town that I was living in, Ingleside, which is just outside of Cornwall. I remember the buzz that was in the town during that time.

At the time, Running meant absolutely nothing to me as I was still very overweight at the time. Now that I am running, I obviously can look back at his accomplishments in a different light. I made my two boys watch the Terry Fox movie with me last night and because they have followed my own running "career" I think they understood how tough that was for him.

It's unfortunate that I didn't discover my passion for running sooner. However, I try not to spend too much time looking in the rear view mirro. With that being said, I will announce my next running goal tomorrow.

No comments: