Thursday, September 27, 2007

The best and worst part about running at 5AM

I've been running once or twice per week at 5 AM for the past few weeks and here are some of my observations:

1. Getting up at 4 AM isn't as tough as I thought it would be. It obviously helps that I go to bed around 10PM the night before.
2. I can't function that early without a cup of green tea and 1/2 a banana.
3. I can count, on both hands, the amount of cars I see on the roads. However, the ones who are on the roads aren't exactly keeping their eyes open as I've come close to being hit more than a few times.
4. Running on some of the side streets becomes a challenge especially when there is little light to be found anywhere.
5. I get the strangest looks from the people that I see as they wait for their bus.
6. I don't have to worry about the sun getting in my eyes.

No comments: