Monday, June 01, 2009

Another week another race.....



OK, I promise, well sort of (lol) that this will be my last race for awhile as I prepare for my ultimate goal in 2009 which is finishing the Scotiabank Marathon in 3:30 or better.

This Saturday I will be running around in circles, literally, for 6 hours. Each lap is just over 800 Meters (or 1/2 mile) and each time I pass the checkpoint it will be clocked. At the end of 6 hours my distance will be measured. It is a unique race and I've done a couple last year and vowed never to do another one so why am I going? The answer is that I love and crave the competition that I have with myself. Last year I ran over 55KM and this year I'm trying for 60.

The other reason I am going is because of the great friends I'll get to run with. They are so inspirational and I can pick their brains about my training. Hey, what else am I going to do for 6 hours right?

The volunteers at this race were amazing last year and I would expect nothing less this year as well. I'm going to follow my training program as any other week and just treat Saturday as my "long run." for the week.

No comments: