Sunday, July 01, 2007

What's next?

After working a 12 hour overnight shift from Saturday night to Sunday morning, I met up with a few friends for a 25K run. While some would call this cruel and unusual punishment, I couldn't imagine starting off a day any better than with a run.

Today's run was difficult as I was still feeling the effects of last weeks race and I'm sure the lack of sleep didn't help either. However, it was great running with friends today as most of the week I ran alone.

At times today I had to listen to my music just to get through the run but just having friends around, even if I'm not talking to them, can really help to stay motivated.

As we made our way back to the Pickering Running Room, several runners who were there, asked me what my next race was going to be. For the first time in a long time I simply said I have no idea. There are a few that I may do (Whitby 1/2 marathon, 50K Trail race and then the Toronto Marathon) but right now I'm simply enjoying the fact that I'm running.

I like doing one race per month as it keeps me focused but I also realized that since February, I've done 4 long races (1/2 Marathon, 30K, Full Marathon and 50K) so taking some time off would probably be a good idea right about now.

No comments: