Sunday, April 01, 2007

From 18 to 31?

What an interesting day of running today turned out to be.

I met up with some friends at the Pickering Running Room at 8:30. I had thought about doing 29K today but was talked out of it by runners who had also done the Around the Bay race the week before and who were also training for the Mississauga Marathon in May. We decided to do between 16 and 18K which I was kind of happy about.

As we started off I ran with a friend who I normally don't run with and we had a great conversation (Thanks Neil). On the way back I had to take a "bathroom break" so I told my friend to go on ahead and I would catch up to him. He asked me if I knew the route back to the Running Room and I confidently said "oh yeah I'll find it."
That was the probably the worst mistake I've made this season (LOL).

For whatever reason, I kept making one wrong turn after the other and before I knew it I was nowhere close to the Running Room and had clocked over 24K.
When I finally found my way back towards Hwy 2, it was at Whites Road. By this time the rain had started to really come down hard and I was still about 6 to 7K away.

Luckily I decided to bring along my MP3 player so the running wasn't the problem today just my sense of direction. By the time I made it back to the Running Room I had run just under 31K.

I met up with my running coach and other friends and we had a good laugh about the whole thing. They know how bad my sense of direction is so I don't think too many were overly surprised to hear about my adventure.

I will be taking a running day off tomorrow but will do about 1 hour of bike work and then rest up for Tuesday.
I will be doing my first ever tack work track on Tuesday morning to increase my speed.

No comments: